Tuesday 5 January 2010

7) Killing Us Softly

g1
Woman Body Used by Ads

All of documentaries, films and lectures which we must watch and read for Eng101 lesson, provide me more information about social problems we faced in our hole life and ability to interpret social consequences.

The documentary Killing Us Softly is one of the important part in Eng101 class for me, because it makes me more aware about the used woman body on ads on TV, newspapers, bilboards and magazines.. Actually, usually I criticize the abuse of women in society, this was caused by feminist aspect of my personality.

I accept that I am a feminist. Therefore, I try to change something in my environment if I encounter a dominance of masculinity on women and misuse females. I was aware of men dominance society and something must be done to change it in order to provide equality between man and women. But i wouldn't know, by which way, we can change that unbalanced structure in society.

By Killing Us Softly, I found that the most effective source of maculine world is ads because media uses everything about women as sexual, soft, vulnerable or thin to sell products.. And ads creates a woman model which only interests her beauty in order to be loved by man. Thus, women adopt the ideas in ads and they permit a men dominance world.


At the end of the conference, the speaker gives us the solution of these problem. That is to change ads and to change our attitudes deeply in our culture by education.

No comments:

Post a Comment