Wednesday 26 May 2010

10) Pub-quiz, Cookie and tiramisu party, photos and GOODBYES :(

Last Lesson of Semester

Today both one of the better and worst day on Eng102 class.. Firstly, there was a strictly competition in pub-quiz.. Unfortunately, my group was looser but I wan to say that "önemli olan yarışmaktı" :).

Then, Sonja's cookies and Elif's tiramisu ( I don't know how it is written in English :)) were so delicious. Photographes we taken and the paper Sonja prepared will be nice memories. And I will really miss Sonja and my class.

This semester I was more participating than 1st semestre and, at this time, I won't have any remorse because of being not active on eng lessons. At the end of 1st semester, I was upset because ı was not aware of how Eng101 lesson is enjoyable. There were subject on this course which changed my ideas completely. Now, I am more sensitive about race-gay-lesbian discrimination, I can see how media shape, I'm more aware of how woman body is used, how adolescents' life was shaped and I can understand people who commit a crime and why they become bad people. And I think, being e person who is able to interpret the subjects which are accepted, damned, ignored, banned, missunderstood or humiliated directly by society makes me different person from ordinary people in society. End101 and 102 cources gives me this perspective. Also the lessons became more efficient by Sonja :)

Thank you for all, Sonja :) And I hope that you can find students like us in London :)

2 comments:

  1. Gamze, this is so wonderful! You've learned so much and shaped your thinking and perceptions and this is simply marvellous, I'm so proud of you. It's so important that you're able to see the benefit of what you've been exposed to this year. Education is a precious thing.
    I will miss you too, and I thank you...keep in touch - keep writing on your blog if you like! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I like, I will continue to write to blog and follow you. One of the things gained by you is blogging. I don't think to leave it :)

    ReplyDelete